Monday, September 1, 2008

Getting to know you

I received this survey from one of my old Young Women when I lived in TX. I thought I'd post it here too.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:00 (it is a holiday!)…usually 6:15
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds (although I don’t really wear jewelry. I have my watch, wedding ring and John’s CTR ring he got from his Primary Teacher when he turned 8. Those are the only 3 pieces of jewelry I constantly wear. I do wear my YW Medallion I earned when I was in YW…the girl on the medallion…and the medallion I earned as a leader…the silver SLC temple).
3. Last movie you saw? Nim’s Island
4. What is your favorite T.V. show? Don’t have time to watch TV, but I do like CSI and NCIS
5. What did you have for breakfast? Yogurt, fruit, cereal
6. What is your middle name? Kay
7. What food do you hate? liver
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Lilies of the Field (Mormon Tabernacle Choir)
9. What kind of car do you drive? 06 Odyssey
10. Favorite sandwich? Turkey Salsa Cheese baked
11. What characteristics do you despise? Lying, cheating and false representation
12. Favorite item of clothing? Black shirts
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go? Aruba with the family
14. Favorite brand of clothing? Ones on sale
15. Where would you retire to? Near family
16. Favorite birthday? 8 (because I was baptized)
17. Favorite sport to watch? I love to watch my kids swim and now they have taken up ballroom dancing…so Ballroom
18. Are you a morning or night person? I do better in the morning if I have a good night’s rest. I am fine late at night if I am playing some games (Dalmuti, Werewolf) with people I love ;o)
19. What is your shoe size? 8
20. Pets? 5 kids, does that count?
21. What did you want to be when you were a little girl? Teacher and a mom
22. How are you today? great....holiday!
23. What is your favorite candy? Love chocolate (Fannie Mae, Trinidad)
24. What is your favorite flower? Lilac and Calla Lilly
25. What are you looking forward to? I look forward to trash day…we have been unpacking and purging (still)…Really, I look forward to seeing my kids develop their own testimony and share their experiences. I love watching Kendall discover the world. Jenna succeed, Jaley loving and caring for Kendall. Kerst smile and giggle. Julia excelling in all she does. My kids make great choices…marriage in the temple…missions…oh so many things to look forward to. I DO NOT LOOK FORWARD TO THEM GROWING UP.
26. What are you listening to right now? Julia playing the piano!!! Out of my league by Stephen Speaks (I believe). She is now singing! I’m in heaven!
27. What was the last thing you ate? yogurt
28. Do you wish on stars? yes
29. If you were a crayon what color would you be? White...a favorite color of mine (I love green too)
30. How is the weather right now? Beautiful. CO weather is ALWAYS beautiful even when it snows, rains, shines. It is in the upper 70’s right now.
31. Last person you spoke with on the phone? Sarah, my sister-in-law (they can’t come over today…too many things to do…sigh…:o( )
32. Last thing you drank? water
33. Favorite restaurant: Rockne’s (in OH) the best Terminator Sub Sandwich EVER! We don’t eat out much, I prefer to cook!
34. Hair color? brown
35. Favorite toy as a child? dolls
36. Summer or Winter? I’ll take anything CO (so far). No humidity. I love Winter for the snow. I love Summer for the kids being home. Too hard to pick.
37. Chocolate or vanilla? Depends on my mood. I like vanilla ice cream.
38. Coffee or tea? Neither. I drink mostly water. I don't care for pop...makes me burp ;o)
39. What is under your bed? 2 baskets with shoes in them and I’m sure some dust bunnies.
40. What did you do last night? Updated my blog with the information I have put on my family website. I have done Jan 2008 – present and hope to print a book. I still need to add pictures. I swore I’d never blog, but after seeing that I can print a book as a family journal I thought I should do it (plus I can keep in contact with my friends)
41. What are you afraid of? John dying before me. My kids dying before me. My parents and in-laws passing away. With the gospel, it brings peace and comfort, but I will miss them. I also do not do well with wind. I can't sleep when it is really windy and I can hear it. I went through Hurricane Hugo back in 1989...not a fun experience. Maybe it came from that.
42. Sweet or Salty? Can I say both?
43. How many keys on your key ring? 2
44. How many years at your current job? 15+ year I’ve been a mom and loving it. 18 years as a wife!
45. How many towns have you lived in? 8
46. Do you make friends easily? I think so

1 comment:

becky ward said...

that was so fun to read. glad you posted it.