Not so constructive today. In fact, I was doing some destruction...I took down most of the cabinets in the kitchen so that I can start removing the soffits. I cut holes in the soffits yesterday and today to make sure that we didn't have any duct work. There is some wiring that John can route elsewhere (conduit is not used out here...bummer...but nice in this instance).
There is also some sort of vent in the corner that we will frame around and put a corner kitchen cabinet there to hide it.
So....hopefully tomorrow I can take down the soffits. The framers are finishing up framing Julia's room tonight. Monday they will be in to sheet rock it (and finish off the kitchen soffit area that doesn't have sheet rock)...and John's garage.