Monday, August 18, 2008

Name Calling about Mommy and Daddy

Name Calling about Mom


Kerst said, "teaching"

Jaley said, "Good Cook "

Jenna said, "social - She will be in church and we will be there like a long time after just waiting for her to finish talking with her friends." Editor's side note: What is wrong with my kids?!? This was a famous past time as a youth. My dad was SUPER patient and allowed us to stay for at least 45 minutes to catch up with our friends. I DON'T have 45 minutes anymore. In fact, I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes to say what needs to be said. We are pulling out of the parking lot 10 minutes after our meetings end. Geeze ;o)

Julia said, "Selfless - Whether it's dedicating her time, talents, or giving someone else the last piece of pizza on a fast Sunday, Mom always seems to put others before herself. Love ya Mommy-O!"

John said, "Steadfast"




Name calling about Dad


Kerst said, "sweaty...because he exercises a lot"

Jaley said, "Good Athlete "Jenna said, "Active - He is always running or biking"

Julia said, "Brave - Always willing to share the gospel even though the situation may be a little intimidating. He'll always be my role model for that! One specific time I remember is when this politician came to our door and he gave the politician Mr. Kruger's Christmas DVD from our church. I was shocked, but the experience has stayed with me."

Corin said, "Supportive and Generous - He is always willing to lend a hand to help others. He supports me with all of my crazy ideas (new kitchen, spontaneous trips to UT, decorating, etc). He has also shown me the wonderful gift of generosity. As a newly married couple and money being tight, I remember John giving his prized stereo system to a dear friend who needed something like that for his home. He was always sharing what he had with others without any questions. He is a great example."

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Love the picture! That could be you walking around Aurora Shores. You both look the same, at least from teh back!

F said...

I love kerst's comment... :0] this is a cute idea!