Monday, August 4, 2008

Kitchen update - it is making progress!

I left for Staci's wedding and mentioned a couple of things to John that I thought would be great to get done. Of course, managing the household would be top priority. I know how hard that can be and do little (actually big) honey do's around the house on top of it.

I came home and found the house still standing, laundry washed and dried (I still need to put it away; I even don't care for that portion of laundry), Kendall alive with a clean diaper, kids rooms cleaned (by them!), and all happy and healthy. They were sleeping when I pulled in at 3:30 a.m., so asleep too ~ bonus!

I also discovered that John had put the nobs on all of the cabinets and had removed the remaining portion of our old pantry and took out the soffit to expose the plumbing that he needed to move so we could install the new taller pantry (the designer ordered the wrong one...argh). I was so happy...

So...I have unpacked my kitchen! I haven't seen my kitchen "stuff" since the end of December. Now I feel like I can finally function like I used to. I have done well considering.

Here are some updated pictures of our kitchen. Those who know me would probably chuckle and agree that it is my dream kitchen. If you look at the pictures, I have a power tool sitting on the counter disguised as an appliance ;o) . Who needs a mixer?! Too bad we didn't design it to include a planer, drill press, table saw and band saw just to name a few of my favorite appliances...I mean tools.

We are still waiting for the right size black "plywood" piece that will go on the end of the island. If you look closely in the picture, you can see all but 3 of the door/drawer nobs installed. John was waiting for my suggestion on where to place the final 3.
We are expecting the counter tops to arrive sometime after the 2nd week in August! For now we have plywood. It is so wonderful to finally have running water in my kitchen! No more having to share the laundry room with the dishes and laundry.

You can see that the main kitchen is Cherry Wood (Toffee Stain with Chocolate Glaze) and the island is "black" with Cherry Wood with a java stain. I love the look.

We still have to tile the back wall above the counter tops. John is taking the day off today to move the plumbing up (see picture below with sweet Kendall puckering for a kiss) so we can finally install the pantry. We also have to put up the crown molding and light rail (molding for below the cabinet). It is really coming together! He is amazing!!!

2 comments:

Julianne said...

It looks great, I'm glad you have your dream kitchen, power tools and all.

F said...

your kitchen looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it with countertops. Trenton and I are addicted to HGTV, and one of my favorites is the kitchen makeover show... dedicated only to making over kitchens (duh) so this is extra exciting! Woo hoo!