Thursday, August 14, 2008

History of my name - by Jaley

Jaley was asked to write a short summary of how she got her name. She did a great job! She wants to be just like Julia and went over and above the expectations of her teacher. She did a digital scrapbook page for her assignment. She did it all by herself!!! I had to instruct her on how to add shadowing to each element on the page.

Here is her work:

Journaling: My parents were originally going to call me Linley, but a realtor changed it all. My mom and her were talking about what their kids names were. The realtor shared the name of her children, and my mom thought one of the names was pretty. My mom tried to remember the name the realtor told her that night. My mom thought it was Jalene. In the morning she asked the realtor what that name was again. She said "Jalane" but my mom thought Jalene was prettier. Kay is my mom's middle name so she wanted me to have the same one as her. So my real name is Jalene Kay. And that is how I got my name, Jalene Kay Meibos.


Editor's note: Yes, we were planning on naming her Linley (although the spelling hadn't been decided; Lynnley, Lindley, Linley, etc). John's mom mentioned that the baby might feel left out if when she gets older if she doesn't have a "J" name like her older sisters. John and I decided that if we found a "J" name we liked, we would change it. We didn't have any luck. Just 2 weeks before Jaley was born, we put our house in Texas up on the market. John was changing jobs and moving us to Ohio. We had a realtor come over and give us her marketing strategy and it was during that conversation that she mentioned the "J" name that struck me. It took my mom a couple of months to call Jaley by her new name.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

We are glad you named her Jaley too. Or we wouldn't have a the four jumping j's.
Choosing Jadey's name from the ones we liked was partly due to the J cousins ahead of her.
There is nothing like saying their names when they are all together!

Sydney Kimball said...

Hi Jaley this is Sydney! Remember me!?!

ckm said...

yes, I remember you, syndey.

ckm said...

oops, I spelled your name wrong. fingers were moving too fast on the keyboard! haha. :o)