Sunday, August 3, 2008

Joy . . . Sweet Staci

I have felt joy many times in my life, but this weekend was a moment where one could feel true Joy. There were cameras to capture many moments of this weekend, but the picture in my heart of seeing Staci in the temple with her Sweetheart, Kyle, could never be given justice by any camera lens. The feeling can't be described. Experiening this moment of joy with such a wonderful young woman is giving me a glimpse of what I will experience in the future with my own children. Pure Joy.

Staci and I developed a very sweet friendship about 8 years ago. I never did truly see what she saw in me, but I understood how she felt. I too developed a great love and admiration for many of my Young Women leaders, but one in particular (Emily). I still love and admire her beyond words. Emily made me want to be a better person with each lesson she taught and moment I was able to spend with her; she saw so much more in me than I did at that age. Someday when I grow up, I want to be just like her.
I saw Staci grow and develop into the most amazing Young Woman. We have had many conversations over the phone and e-mail. She even came out to visit me 2 years ago and was truly an angel for our family (long story...she ended up caring for my 4 kids while I was very sick in the hospital with premature labor, toxemia and then the 2 month early birth of Kendall).

She deserves the best...and she is now starting the best journey in her life!

1 comment:

becky ward said...

wow! you got some beautiful pictures of those two love birds! it was a very joyous day.