Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kendall's Nightmare

I was reminded of this today and thought I should write it down before I forget.

Kendall is starting to talk more but still does quite a bit of his communication with sign language. While visiting family in UT this past July, Kendall raided my Mom's garden and found her ceramic frog hidden among the flowers. He was SO excited! He came running out signing "frog" over and over. He would not leave the frog alone. He loved that frog! I ended up picking up the frog; Grandma hid it. He was very upset that we took away "Frog".

Later that night, Kendall got fussy so I threw him in bed between my sister Kelly and me (Mike was so kind to go sleep on the trampoline with the older cousins, so I snagged his spot). He would fuss on and off, but would calm down after I moved him around.

The next morning Kelly asked me "What does this mean?" and then put her hand to her chin with her thumb underneath and then open and closed her fingers several times. I told her that it was Kendall's sign for frog. Kelly told me that when Kendall fussed that night, she sat up to see what was wrong and she saw him doing that sign. He must have been having a nightmare about Grandma hiding the frog ;o) !


Here is a video I caught of Kendall signing Frog. He is holding a book that is in the shape of a frog.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

too too too cute!

becky ward said...

poor kendall. scarred for life! (;