Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kendall is 2 - ok, 2 months ago!

Here is the scrapbook page I put together of Kendall's birthday celebration. (Digital scrapbooking is one of my passions of preserving our family memories) The photos are taken by his Aunt Kelly...amazing isn't she!?


Journaling on the page : Kendall turned 2 in June. We didn’t have a functioning kitchen at the time so I kept putting off his birthday cake. While in Utah, we crashed Aunt Brooke’s side of the family 4th of July family picnic. The Gurr family celebrates everyone’s birthday with one cake allowing all to have a turn to be sung to and blow out candles. We jumped in on this opportunity to finally celebrate Kendall’s 2nd birthday. The cake was well used. He enjoyed the attention.


Click on the image to get a better look at the page (it is in low resolution to save space).
This picture was taken about an hour after Kendall tripped and landed on his face. He bled for about 5 hours. He was pretty swollen the next day. I called him Kendall Lou Who because he reminded me of one of the Who's in the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. He had a black lip on the inside and a bruise in the crease of his smile. We went to the dentist a week ago and we are still waiting to see if his teeth will survive. They are slightly beige.











4 comments:

becky ward said...

happy birthday kendall! and OH MY WORD! poor kid. that is the biggest fat lip i have ever seen. glad to see he recovered so well. hope his teeth are as lucky.

Karen said...

Oh my gosh poor Kendall! I hope he feels much better soon cute little guy! Happy Birthday to him ;)

Julianne said...

What a fun way to celebrate - with lots of friends and family. Next year maybe we'll be together around his birthday. Time sure flies.

Brooke said...

I tagged you.
Come to my site to see what to do.
I vote we do this at the family reunion next year. I think we should sing and blow out candles for every single person.
We could make it an all day activity. :)