Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rave Reviews

I have attended several Parent/Teacher Conferences over the last couple of weeks. It is so nice to go in and hear such wonderful feedback. I know I have great kids; it is certainly nice to know that others feel the same way!

It was fun to visit with Kerst's teacher. Here is her report:
Kerst can't keep his nose out of a book at school. I'm not surprised. We have the same issue with our bedtime routine; that is one big reason why I haven't fixed his light in his bedroom.
He always has a grin from ear to ear and a twinkle in his eye.
Kerst reads SUPER FAST with 98% accuracy....he forgets to pause at periods. I always wonder when he would breathe when he reads out loud at home.
He sits in between 2 little girls; they are considered "The Three Musketeers".
His teacher reported that the class is doing a great job collecting cannibals.
I'm so glad Kerst has such a wonderful teacher to love and teach him during the day while he isn't home.

Julia's teachers were equally impressed. My favorite report was from her speech teacher. She said that Julia was amazing. She wasn't sure how she would do because in class typically her reserved, quiet students tend to have difficulties with presenting speeches. Julia has a 99% in that class! Julia is a perfect example of how to prepare and present a speech. She has a pretty tough rubric for grading. Julia follows it to a "T". I told the teacher that Julia has been giving speeches since she was 3 years old. Thanks to our Primary Organization at church assigning the young kids 2-3 minute talks during their opening or closing exercises of the youth program on Sunday. Hopefully the don't start teaching her how to debate; she is pretty persuasive without any formal training!

Jenna and Jaley's conferences were student led. I was able to go to their school and see what they are working on in their classroom. In middle school, the student presents all information at the conference, the teachers are in the background (this is not my most favorite way to get "dirt" on my kids...although there isn't much dirt on them).

So after listening to the teachers and seeing what the other two are up to, I give my kids two thumbs up!

No comments: