Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Best Friend Fell

One of my first childhood memories are of my best friend, Bama (Grandma), dancing around with me in the living room while I was wearing my crazy dress. My dad just called and informed me that she fell in the parking lot of McDonalds while going in to get ice cream. She fractured her neck and hip.

She is in good spirits. My kids aren't. She is their best friend too...and most of their childhood memories too.

I have great comfort in the Plan of Salvation and knowing that my family is sealed together FOREVER...but my heart is breaking. I want to be out there with my best friend.

2 comments:

kati said...

I was just thinking about BAMA on my walk today....I was going to ask how she is.....How is she all things taken into consideration? I hope you are doing okay.....I know how much they mean and your relationship with them.

becky ward said...

so sorry to hear about your grandma. i wish you could be there with her too!