Sunday, October 12, 2008

New Calling

In our church we are extended callings to serve. We are not paid and we don't seek after positions. It is through inspiration of the leaders of the ward/branch that these callings are extended. I have found that the callings that I have been extended have helped me grow and develop in so many different ways that if you had asked me years ago, I would have never thought is possible that I could do such service. But then again, it wasn't just me doing the service...

When I was released as Laurel Advisor today (I taught the Young Women ages 16-17), one of my Laurels was sitting right behind me. It was so sweet to hear her sigh and whisper "no" at the news. As I was extended my new calling I could see Kerst beaming from ear to ear and whisper "yes"....it was a bitter sweet moment.

I will miss the sweet Young Women. I am really excited to be back in the Primary Organization (children ages 18 months-11 years) serving as the Music Leader! Hopefully I can switch gears!

3 comments:

becky ward said...

you will be a wonderful music leader! i held that calling when i lived in pocatello. it was ALOT of work...but, so fun!

kati said...

You got your favorite calling back!! I am so excited for you!! Have a great time singing until your voice can't speak again!

Cathy said...

You always did an awesome job with the music!