Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Kitchen Favorites

Silly. I know. I can't believe my two favorite kitchen small appliances/gadgets are ASOTV items (as seen on TV). Tessa, this would be something to think about asking for your Birthday or even Santa! I've included a couple of favorite quick recipes too for you!

#1 - My Magic Bullet
I use my "Magic Bullet" daily. Several times a day. Two months ago Costco had a coupon for the Magic Bullet for $35 after coupon. I bought a spare. You can blend anything. Sauces, dressings, drinks/smoothies, protein shakes, etc ...
*Note: There are 3 plastic tabs on the cups that push down the "on" button that is built into the base of the unit. If the tabs start to break off, don't worry! As long as you have one of the three tabs, you can still operate the machine. You have to make sure you place one of the remaining tabs over notch that is above the "Magic Bullet" label on the base. My favorite cup has one tab left. Make sure you hold it down the cup while blending. If you are missing a tab, the stress on the other tabs will become greater. I thought that once one tab broke off, the cup was a gonner ... Nope! I have had my first magic bullet for almost 2 years and have popped a couple of tabs. I do wish they sold replacement cups, but figuring my way around the problem of missing tabs, it is not such a big deal.
Here are a couple of favorite recipes I use with my Magic Bullet
Grandma's Eggs

6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 TBSP flour (1 1/2 tsp)

Melt 2 TBSP of butter/margarine in pan. Cook eggs. Delicious! These eggs do well as left overs.


Skier Pancakes

(a favorite of John's ... his Mom would make this when the family would go skiing). Depending on the size of blender cup you use, you might need to half the recipe.

1 cup cottage cheese
4 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 (plus a little more) pancake mix




#2 - Slap Chop



It says on the box that you can chop using one finger. I guess you can if you are Hercules. I slap it with the palm of my hand. And I love how it opens for easy cleaning. I had a chopper that was distributed by a well known home show company, but it only lasted a couple of months and it seemed impossible to get a replacement (or at least my complaints were pushed aside).
My slap chopper has outlasted my previous one ... no complaints! I even saw JoAnn's (fabric and craft store) carrying the slap chopper. If you get their 40% off coupon mailer/flier, I recommend using the coupon on this! It brings the cost down to right around $12! If you don't receive their store flier, you can go in their store and sign up at the register. When you sign up, they usually give you 40% off at the register with the application (if not, ask).

2 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

really? I may need one of those mixers!
thanks for sharing!

kati said...

i love it when people write what they really think about TV products.....i need these for my collection! thanks girlie