Friday, January 15, 2010

Easy Alfredo

Another quick easy recipe for my young friend Tessa ...

This yummy recipe is from my friend Emily. This was made during a Young Women's activity (church youth group). The girls all worked on preparing and serving the meal. It is so yummy! I love that this sauce does not separate like other alfredo sauces I have made. John likes to add red spaghetti sauce on top as well.

Easy Alfredo

Ingredients:
2 cups half and half (I actually saw half and half low fat at the store...I can't figure that one out)
1 cup milk
8 oz cream cheese (I use the 1/3 fat)
1/4 c butter (I use margarine)
1 tsp ground pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I use the skim)

Directions:
Melt butter, pour in half and half. Cook over medium heat until lmost bubble, add cream cheese. Stir constantly until melted. Add pepper and other cheese. Stir until melted. Serve immediately over pasta, vegies, etc.

*If the alfredo seems a bit thin, add a mixture of 1 TBSP flour mixed with water (about 2 TBSP) to the sauce and bring to near boil...until thick.

No comments: