Friday, January 8, 2010

The Routine

This seemed like the longest week ... Monday felt like it happened a month ago. It has been an adjustment getting back to our routine. We were all dragging by mid-week.

I have to admit, I like our routine. Early morning Seminary is the first group out the door - loaded up with book bags, swim team duffel, snacks to eat while staying after school for the 2+ hour musical practice, homemade breakfast burrito in hand along with their sack lunch.

Next I'm out the door walking Jaley to school with Kendall asleep in the stroller. Great one-on-one time ... and get some exercise too! There was snow on the sidewalks on Thursday and Friday of this week so I hopped on Santa's gift (a treadmill) and got my walk in. Jaley was concerned when she saw the treadmill on Christmas Morning. "Mom, you're still going to walk with me, right?" Of course!

Next - waking up Kerst and getting him out the door! He's my sleeper and my night owl. He was very excited for today. His first piano lesson before school! Kerst is super musical like his older sisters; I look forward to him progressing in his lessons.

The day slips by ... where does it go? So many things I want to do. So many things I need to do and should do.

Family Dinner. Ahhh ... all together again.

It was a fun and eventful Holiday Season. Time for a break. Yah, right!

No comments: