Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Kiss All Better

On Monday we went out to Champps for their 1/2 price burger Mondays ... and to continue Jaley's birthday celebration - good excuse to go out to eat as a family.

John, Kendall and I were on one side; Kendall was sitting next to me. Jenna, Jaley, Kerst and Julia were on the other side of the table.

We ordered Kendall's meal and asked for it to come out as soon as possible. Crayons don't keep him at bay long enough when he is hungry. Kendall is also known for swiping food from other plates. Even with his own plate of food in front of him, he still managed to swipe plenty from mine!

During the dinner Jaley told us she had a headache. She must have been suffering because she is usually one of the first ones done eating - everything on her plate. We were all further advanced in eating our meal than she was.

I looked next to me and noticed that Kendall wasn't sitting there.

I saw movement next to Jenna who was sitting on the outside edge of their end of the table.

It was Kendall. He was trying to climb over Jenna. I figured that he must have noticed some food he wanted to try on one of their plates.

"Denna, dooze me. I need to kiss Dayee bedder." (Jenna, excuse me. I need to kiss Jaley better.)

I remember those days when all Jaley needed was a "kiss all better". Those days are back. They make my heart swell.