Friday, January 15, 2010

Finally Brave Enough

Sort of.

For the first time Kendall finally climbed to the top of the McDonald's Play Place on his own - and then came right back down. No exploring. He likes to sit at the entrance of the spiral staircase and greet all of the brave children. He will also make sure the little ones don't attempt climbing to the top without a parent nearby.

He has become more aware of what is going on and will tell me what "scares" him. Today we had to get rid of another "scary" book - Glad Monster, Sad Monster. He has been telling me for the last week that there were monsters in his room. I guess he was right. They are gone now.

I remember the days when he didn't scare easily. Once he walked in the media room while the movie I am Legend was playing. It was a scene when the scary creatures were climbing the buildings (even I can't watch the movie). "Monkeys!" shouted Kendall.

Gone are those days ...

No comments: