Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Gotta try it


My hand was forced. We were going to run out of milk before Monday arrived. I have Silk Milk (Soy Milk) on hand for Julia since she is lactose intolerant - not severe though. I decided to crack open our one can of dehydrated milk. My brother and sister-in-law raved about this milk. I had my sister pick up a #10 can of this dehydrated milk for us to try out.
I grew up drinking dehydrated milk aka paint water. YUCK.

When my Bama and Papa would come to visit, they would treat us to "real milk". They still fondly talk about how excited we were when they would walk through the door with the milk jugs in hand. "COW'S MILK!" we would all cry out.

Sunday was the day. I made dehydrated milk.

I tried it. I liked it! Morning Moo's is DE-LISH.
My kids are asking me to make more; they prefer it to "cow's milk". Julia even likes it ... and can drink it. There is less lactose in morning moo's so it makes it easier for those who are lactose intolerant to drink it.

I've ordered the 50 lb bag for our food storage and daily use. It works out to be $1.62 a gallon when you order the 50 lb bag. The kids are demanding that this is what we will be drinking here on out ...
(Oh, and the glass containers - from Wal-Mart - seems to me to keep the milk extra cold!)

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I've heard great things about this milk..have to give it a try.

Smithclan said...

love love it too. but I was one of the only ones in the whole world to like powdered milk.

The Thompson's said...

I haven't tried the white milk, but I have tried the chocolate milk and its pretty good too. Excellent to have in food storage!