Friday, September 25, 2009

Prepared

We are officially updated. With the move, our 72 hour kits were strewn about. Plus, they needed to be updated.

The last couple of weeks I have been researching Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage and have been getting our house back in order. Here is a link I recommend using to get your family prepared.

We update the kits yearly (should (: ). General Conference is a great time to do it. October for us. So we are going to start a new tradition ... Saturday and Sunday General Conference Lunches will be our 72 hour kit food. Yum. When I told Jaley, she said (with a twinkle in her eye), "Oh goodie, we get to eat them next month!" Next year. Silly girl.

I love the clear backpacks ($10 at Wal-Mart) - I can see what is in it and see who it belongs to. I made a paper with an individual picture and a family picture on one side and then important information (Dr phone numbers, Gma Gpa names and phone numbers, Closest relative, Allergies, Insurance info, Medications, Blood Type, Permission to treat individual with my signature, sibling/children names with birthdates, cell numbers of immediate family, ATT phone card information, etc). I laminated them and put it in the front pocket - easy to see with a clear backpack! (You get a sneak peak at Kendall's first school picture!)

3 comments:

Smithclan said...

I haven't looked close enough at the blog you referenced, like that one too, but did you use the list they provide completely or did you kind of make your own? I would like you write down (exactly) :):) what you put in them. ThankSSS!!!

Cathy said...

Good idea to have the pictures and all that info on back and laminated! I'm stealin' it for my packs.

ckm said...

I will post my items that are in our kits (as well as some other information) tomorrow afternoon.