Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Still Walking


Due to cutbacks, several school bus routes and shuttles were eliminated including Jaley's.

So, we walk. I walk with Jaley. Kendall joins us in the jogging stroller.

I planned on walking Jaley to school the first few days of school so she knew what kind of things to be aware of while crossing the busy intersection. In the back of my mind I thought it would be a great time to get out and get my exercise ... early. It is 1 mile to school; almost 2 miles round trip (I don't go all of the way up to the front doors).

During that first week of school, I saw many frightening things crossing a busy street. Drivers not watching while turning, teenagers driving, crazy kids on bicycles, etc. So I kept walking her to school.

Last week we found out that they added a few routes back. This included Jaley's route.

Jaley told me that she wanted to keep walking with me. That made me feel good. I enjoy my time walking to school with her. I enjoy pushing Kendall and Jaley's backpack. I enjoy the hug and kiss I get from Jaley - in front of all of the kids getting off the bus or walking to school. She made me feel good when she told me she wanted to keep walking.

Thanks Jaley. I love you.




3 comments:

Shannon said...

i love jaley too!

Smithclan said...

Awwww sweet, sweet Jaley! Come live with me for a just a little bit, come on paaalease?!!

ckm said...

"I'll be there!" -- from Jaley to Beutiful ;o)