Friday, September 18, 2009

Feels like home


Growing up, my Mom had 3 paintings hanging in our home that were painted by her Maternal Grandmother, Edith.

This past year my Mom found someone to make a digital copy of them and then make them into high quality canvas type prints. She gave each of the siblings a set. I am so glad we have this ability to save our family heritage/history via digital format and then share with the family!

I finally found a sale at Hobby Lobby on their ready made frames. I went in yesterday and in 5 minutes, they had the paintings/prints framed!
The autumn scene at the bottom was a prize winner and hung in the Illinois State Capitol. It was then given to my parents as a wedding gift.

4 comments:

becky ward said...

they look so beautiful! please, please, please come and decorate and paint my home. you have such a great eye for EVERYTHING! i'll make you a yummy lunch! (;

ckm said...

For a Becky's Bistro famous turkey salsa cheese sandwich ... I'm on my way! I miss you and your cute family!

Sarah said...

Corin! You're home is GORGEOUS! The paintings are perfect! I love artistic heirlooms.

becky ward said...

so you ARE coming!? YES!

all joking aside. i would love to see you again someday. maybe one of your kids will attend BYU-I and you will come stay with me!