Monday, August 30, 2010

Kerst's room


I painted Kerst's room over a week ago. It was originally the builder's flat paint that was a peachy cream. (I am slow at posting - busy doing other stuff).

The silhouette on the door is of Kerst from his Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet.
The trunk near the window is John's grandfather's when he immigrated to the United States.  It has his name on it!

I LOVE Craig's List. I found all of Kerst's furniture on there.

Mattress: $40 (pillow top, rarely used ... problem - drove home with it on the top of my van and the pillow top became fluffed up.)

Box Spring: Free. I covered the queen sized box spring with a full size flat sheet. It matches his fitted sheets perfectly. I dislike the box spring showing - and then not matching the sheets.

Dresser: $100

Sleigh Bed: $100 (I LOVE the lattice look!)

Total: $240 ... You can't beat that!!!

Now what to hang on the walls ... I love suggestions and ideas!

3 comments:

Freeze Family said...

Can you just come and decorate my whole house?? Love it all!!!

Jeanne said...

No suggestions for something to put on the walls, except to say don't do too much. (from the photos we see here, you could leave it as it is) But did want to say that I really like what you have done. Good job!

Julianne said...

I have just passed on some of those stars in red, white and blue - I love this look for Kerst.