Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Before ... Master Bedroom

The master bedroom is painted a dark red/purple. Even the ceilings!
The color made the room small and dark. It also clashed with the Cherry Wood bedroom set John made when we were first married (yes, I married an amazing and talented guy!).
I love all of the windows ... and I LOVE white! I did these same curtains in the other house.
You will need to tilt your screen ... or your head ... you pick. I couldn't get these photos to load properly.
You can see the tall, painted ceilings. One of the master bedroom closets is located off of the bedroom - the other is in the bathroom. These closets are larger than Jaley's bedroom she had when we lived in Ohio (it only fit a rocking chair, her crib and a large doll house - the dresser went in her closet).
I still can't figure out why there are no doors that go to the Master Bathrooms. Once again, a curtain fixes that problem (a longer pole is waiting to be traded out so it fits better).
Once again, tilt your head or your screen. You choose. Here is the master bathroom. At least this color is more of my liking ... yet the ceilings are painted.
And what I am working on now ... stay tuned.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

is that beige warm or cool? We have a cool brownish beige...less yellows/oranges and more greyish. I've had tons of friends ask for the color to put it in their house. It's from Lowes...called Oregon Dunes.

ckm said...

I would say it has more yellow in it ... it flows with the rest of the colors. I amazing found a match to the color in the bathroom (the previous owners took something off the wall that was painted around) and was able to touch that up and then used that color in the Master Bedroom. I'm not sure what the color is called. Home Depot color matched a swatch I took from the Martha Stewart line and put it in Behr paint (the all in one paint ... primer and paint).