Friday, August 13, 2010

A silver lining

John's Mom suggested to me to list the things I didn't like about the house I was leaving (to help me adjust to the idea of change). Yes, I had a list ... but I also had SO many things I loved that were hard to leave.

Now I am working on my list of what I love about the new house.

A list in progress:
1. The drive to where ever we are going is beautiful. (I went through a tank of gas driving the kids to and from school - 25 minutes away ... and some errands since I was out. I also started and completed a book on tape this week.)

2. The house is nestled down low and surrounded by mature pine trees. We don't have air conditioning at this new house ... and I see why. We cool off beautifully at night and the house stays very nice through the heat of the day. (Maybe that is because the ceilings are painted the same color as the dark walls ... hence a cave ... hence cool .... oh wait, this needs to be positive. I get to paint the two story ceilings throughout the main floor!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you are taking some before pictures of the new house so we can all be in awe (more awe?) when we get to see the after pictures! I'm amazed at how you can transform a house into a home. :)

Sarah said...

I second that vote! We want to see pics! :)

P.S. I love Aunt Edith! :)

Jeanne said...

My daughter Gina just moved to Puerto Rico...I think she would trade your house (cave) sight unseen!