Monday, August 23, 2010

Hunter Green to Evergreen

The Study/Library in the new house is very spacious. I have the desk facing the window so that it looks out to the "front yard/driveway" ... I love sitting and looking out at the beautiful landscaping (which needs a little tlc).
This is the view from the desk:
This room is painted green. I love green. White and Green are my two favorite colors. This room was painted the wrong green. I learned from a friend (one of my visiting teachers) years ago about the importance of having rooms flow - paint colors. The main house color is a dark brown. The hunter green with the hint of blue clashed with the adjoining walls. Thankfully the ceiling colors worked in this room.

I worked on this room for several days. The ceilings are quite high so I took it in strides. I also cleaned the windows inside and out (I don't think they have been cleaned in years).

I LOVE the new color! It is amazing what a little hint of blue in the green does to the flow of the rooms in the house.


Now onto the next room ....

6 comments:

Shannon said...

wow. striking!

LOVE the large window! Perfect for natural light photos!!!!!!

Lisa and Doug said...

That is gorgeous GREEN! Love it!

Sarah said...

Great job! The color is a vast improvement. The room and view look wonderful.

Brooke said...

Nice choice Corin!
It looks fabulous.

Shannon said...

it also kinda reminds me of the fairbanks front room in Orem...in that house that Bill built....except they had those white plantation shutters and white ceilings.

Julianne said...

I love the color it and your artwork is very nice with the green.