Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Privacy

The Master Bathroom is used by many. Since the basement isn't finished, we are missing some usable living space that we were accustomed to in the other house. We used every square inch there!

Jenna and Jaley don't have a room yet. They are sleeping in the unfinished basement ... surrounded by stuff that I still need to organize. Why can't I have 48 hours in a day? I could get so much more done ... maybe.

So, since they don't have a bathroom either, they use ours. We take shifts. The curtain I hung in the entry to the bathroom comes in very handy. We had another issue ... the shower door. No privacy.

In our other home, I had installed a film on the old windows to block out the heat when we first moved 2 1/2 years ago. It made a huge difference. We eventually replaced the windows this past March.

Since I was familiar with the product, I knew that they made privacy film too. Mirror. Stained glass. I found frosted. It worked out perfectly!

4 comments:

becky ward said...

so what is this frosted stuff anyway? a spray? i am looking for something to put on my entry windows (very small windows on each side of the wall).

this is so fun watching you transform things. where do you find all the time and energy? you must eat oatmeal for EVERY meal. (;

ckm said...

I picked it up at Home Depot in the window treatment/blinds area. They probably have it in their replacement window area too. Lowes and any other hardware store should carry it. It is Gila films located at gilafilms.com It is a thin plastic type film that is sticky on one side. You use a kit to help with the process. The kit consists of a spray bottle filled with spray that is basically water and baby shampoo mixture, plastic squeege and a sharp blade to cut off the extra film.

Large areas should use 2 people. I managed to do this door by myself, but an extra set of hands would have been nice. There are a couple of bubbles in the film ... but over all, I did great on my own!

Energy? Wish I had more (like the kind I had 5-10 years ago). You are so cute.

Freeze Family said...

I love all the home improvement projects you have posted!!! I wish I was as creative as you are...keep it up, the painting will be done one day!

Brooke said...

Great idea.
And you could create your own timeline and then get 48 hours in a day.
2 days equals 1 Corin day ;)