Thursday, August 5, 2010

Busy doesn't even describe it

This summer has had many twists and turns.

John found an investment property in mid-May. I didn't like it. I like where we lived. 3 minutes from the schools ... close to everything. New kitchen. New flooring. New windows. I love our home.

He put an offer down. So did two other people. Our offer wasn't accepted. Phew.

Fast forward three weeks. The realtor called. The financing fell through with the original people. John decided to low-ball the bank since I didn't want to move. The bank went down $1,000. John came up some when he found out that some work had been done and told them that this was his best and final offer. The bank came down another $1,000. Phew. John already gave them his best and final offer.

I get a call one afternoon while I was at the pool with the kids.

"They accepted my offer." Huh?

John played the game - he came up $1,000. The bank accepted it.

"The realtor is coming over tonight to look at the house. We are putting it up on the market on Friday."

I had 18 hours to purge and stage.

20 people came through during the first 2 weeks being on the market. 3 individuals wanted to purchased the house but had homes to sell as well.

John closed on the new house. We ended up finding a renter for our other home ... a great family.

So ... we have been moving (thanks to John's family and my sister-in-law Brooke). The home is nice. Needs some TLC ... and 2,600 square feet in the basement that needs to be finished. One of my big complaints ... 20 minutes from school ... ugh.

3 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

let me come help!!!

Sarah said...

Oh Corin! I am so glad that you are okay from the car accident! I can't believe what a good attitude you seem to have about it.

Also, congrats on the new house! I can't believe you are moving! You have put so much work into your current home and now you are going to start over. Good thing you are such hard workers!

Freeze Family said...

I feel you pain!!! Corey tried that plan here and thankfully it didn't work out in our favor so we didn't have to move, but I feel your panic...Have fun decorating your new home!! I want to see pics....