Monday, July 26, 2010

Ouch

Our front bumper recently gained a dent in it. Today it was finished off.

I was hit by a semi-truck.

Don't worry. It is a very boring account and thankfully no injuries!

What happened? I was in a double left turn lane. I was in the left lane. The semi was in the right. I knew he wouldn't have enough room to make the turn with me right next to him so I stayed behind at the "stop line". He turned and his left rear fender ripped the bumper and fender on the passenger front side of my van.

Julia was my passenger so it was nice to have a witness ... and a time to teach her what to do in a time of emergency.

3 comments:

becky ward said...

oh my word! so glad you are okay. poor van.

And We Sailed On said...

what in the world? Could he not have done something different? glad you are all ok!

Shannon said...

Yikes! I"m glad you both are fine.