Sunday, December 13, 2009

I love to share our traditions

Today in Primary at church, the children were able to experience two of my many favorite Christmas traditions.

The reenactment of the Nativity - the Sunbeams (children age 3-4) were the members in the cast. Mary was shy and kept her head covered the entire time with her blue fabric. Joseph leaned on the chair after awhile because he was getting tired. Mary didn't want to hold Baby Jesus so he rested on the floor in front of her. They were a cute group!

I also shared the tradition of a new ornament each year with them. They were all excited to get this ornament. I made 90 of them. Jaley and Kerst helped. You could tell which ornaments Kerst helped me make by the stitching on the backside. I told the Primary Children about their help and that a few of them would be lucky enough to get an ornament that Kerst helped make. At least 6 of them came up to me after church wanting to know if they had one of Kerst's special ornaments or if they could get one. I thought it was so sweet!

It took me just as long (if not longer) to make these as it would have been to cut out wood and paint some other ornaments I have made in the past ... I love sharing our traditions!

1 comment:

Casey Joy said...

Wow, that was a big undertaking. Extra Special for the primary I'm sure to receive all those handmade ornaments.
Julia is such a talented young lady. I loved the Singing Lullabye and Have Yourself a little Christmas the most put all were good. Your whole family is so talented.