Thursday, December 3, 2009

Go Away Big Green Monster


Kendall DOES NOT LIKE the book "Go Away Big Green Monster". He likes to repeat the words (without the book in sight; "it's scary"). We will "talk" the book to each other. We WILL NOT LOOK at the book. Our "talking" goes something like this:


Kendall: Mom talk the book to me.

Mom: The Big Green Monster has

Kendall: Two yellow eyes

Mom: T B G M has

Kendall: A big red mouth with sharp white teeth

and so on ... (descriptive words of the monster's face)

Mom and Kendall: BUT YOU DON'T SCARE ME ... so GO AWAY (purple scraggly hair, sharp white teeth, big yellow eyes, etc...)

AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL I SAY SO.

Today he came down to tell me that the Big Green Monster was scaring him. The book was on the dresser. I brought it downstairs.

He took care of that Big Green Monster. I guess he doesn't want to ever say that the Big Green Monster can come back. EVER.


No comments: