Friday, December 25, 2009

Finished the challenge!

Kerst and I (and Jaley) took on this challenge from my friend Lisa of "10 a day". No, not fruit and vegetables ... but it is feasting. Feasting on the words of Christ by reading the Book of Mormon.

Our "10 (pages) a day" challenge began November 1st and ended Dec 24, Christmas Eve. 531 pages.

I enjoyed climbing into bed with Kerst each morning and reading 10 pages out loud. It took me 30 minutes each day to read aloud to Kerst. Jaley would join us at night when our mornings didn't allow such a luxury.

It was a neat experience for me to read the Book of Mormon out loud to Kerst. It made the stories come alive and the spirit of the book that much stronger. It was nice to read it at this speed (less than 2 months) as it allowed the stories to connect and flow into each other. Kerst loved it and has requested that we start again - today. I told him if we keep this up, we will read the Book of Mormon over 6 times each year.

This is an amazing book. It was a special experience to do with Kerst and Jaley. Thanks for the suggestion Lisa! What a great time of year to do this too.

Give it a try! You don't need to wait until next Nov 1st! You can go here to request your own free copy of this wonderful book of scripture that is another testament of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So many great ideas and traditions! I totally recognize Uncle Bob and Aunt Edith's voices! How fun!

I love your beautiful family nativity book too.

Merry Christmas!
-Sarah