Thursday, December 3, 2009

Advent Activity #3 - open memory ornaments

Dec 3 - Open your memory ornament(s) for the year. We have a lot of memories ... a lot happened this year and I had fun finding mementos. I try to find ways to turn everyday or unique/special items into an ornament

I spy ... Kendall's memories ....
River Raft - P Family reunion rafting down the Provo river

Oquirrh Mt Temple coin ornament - P Family reunion tour of the open house.

Arrow Head - M Family reunion tour of the Indian museum in Southern UT

McQueen Car from Cars - actually the whole set. It was cheaper to by 14 plastic cars from the Disney store, drill holes in the top and add the hook and hanger than it was to buy ONE car's ornament. This is to remind him of his love for the movie and all of the characters. He played with these cars with his Cousin Cade while he stayed with us for 3 months. I also used these cars as bribes for potty training both Kendall and Cade.

I spy .... Kerst's memories ...

Arrow Head - M Family reunion; tour of the Indian Museum in Southern UT

Oquirrh Mt Temple ornament (coin) - P family reunion open house tour of the temple.

Cub Scout - Kerst is a cub scout!

Clear ball filled with items - filled with items his Gpa P gave to him to remind him of his special baptism day and Gpa's talk on the Holy Ghost. Each item represents something the Holy Ghost does for us (comforter, whispers, light, teaches ...)

I spy ... Jaley's memories ...

Oquirrh Mt Temple - P Family reunion open house tour.

Piano - taking lessons and faithly practices and is doing very well!

Dream Catcher - M Family reunion; tour of the Indian Museum in Southern UT

Golf Cart and Smart Car - during our daily walks to her school (1 mile each way almost), she tells me that if she had a golf cart or a smart car, she would drive us there on the large sidewalk we walk on. I love walking with her and having this time with just us.

River Raft - river rafting down the Provo river for the P Family reunion

I spy .... Jenna's memories ...

I heart swimming - LOVES to swim. On the HS swim team.

Oquirrh Mt Temple ornament - for the P Family reunion tour of the temple open house.

River Raft - tubing down the Provo river during the P Family Reunion

Dream catcher - M Family reunion. Our tour of the Indian museum in Southern UT.

Enchords ornament - .5 member is what Jenna refers to herself as. She was in the original 4 during the beginning stages. She has an amazing voice - amazing projection, amazing range. She blends beautifully with Julia. She has been taking voice lessons (until HS swimming). Unfortunately, the group needed more experience. .5 member she is!


I spy .... Julia's memories ....

River Raft - Tubing down the Provo River during the P Family reunion.

Camera - her passion for photography and taking 1st place on several of her photos and BEST OF SHOW!

Oquirrh Mt Temple - P Family Reunion open house tour of the temple.

G cleff - her love of music. Not just piano, but singing. Made All State choir this year ... the only one in her HS. Taking Jazz and Classical voice lessons. Has a solo in her Holiday Concert singing Vivaldi - Gloria movement #10.

AIDA - Julia was the understudy for Amneris in AIDA and also played many other roles.

Enchords - Julia started a student led group at her HS of 8 girls. They sing a cappella. They are amazing!

I Spy ... John and Corin's memories:

A family of 10 - representing our family from Feb - May with the addition of Kaylee, Cade and Conner while Shannon was recovering in AZ from a staph infection after back surgery.

A family of 3 - Conner, Cade, Kaylee - my extra little buddies

Enchords ornament - I am the number one fan ;o)

Oquirrh Mt Temple ornament - P Family reunion. We attended the open house during our reunion.

Red Smart Car - To remind me of my walks with Jaley to school. She would comment to me about if she had a smart car (or golf cart), she would drive us to her school since the sidewalk is large.

AIDA ornament - (I have different ones for myself) to remind me of the 4,000 photos I took of their musical.

River Raft - P family reunion activity. Boy was it fun!

Dream Catcher - (was an ear ring) - to remind us of our M Family Reunion trip to and Indian Museum in southern UT.

2 comments:

Smithclan said...

This was sure fun seeing all your adventures through ornaments. So Fun!

Casey Joy said...

I love all this fun advent activities. I want to start doing this when I have children someday. I just steal all your great ideas. So much fun!