Thursday, December 24, 2009

Advent Activity #24 - Twas the Night Before Christmas - read by the grandparents

We have several Advent Activities today ... more posts to follow

My amazing friend, Tara, is getting into the Holiday Traditions and shared with me a tradition she is doing with her kids this year. She told me that there is a recordable book (I saw one in Hallmark) for Twas the Night Before Christmas. I thought that was such a wonderful idea ... only my kids have 3 sets of Grandparents and they aren't in the same area!

I got some elves to help me (Thanks G/A, R/B, R/J)! Each set of grandparents read the story (different versions ... ). I took their individual audio files and edited them into several different versions making it appear that each grandparent took turns reading the book. I am making a cd for each book that has all of the different versions of the grandparents reading the book (with jingles bells for page turning and without).

I didn't use the recorded book since I was making my own (using Windows Movie Maker). So I was on the hunt for a book to use with this new tradition ... I fell in love with one that was illustrated by Mary Engelbreit! BONUS - AND ON SALE (with free shipping with a $25 purchase ... not too hard if I am trying to purchase one book for each of my kids for them to have when they leave home and start/continue their own traditions. Only one problem, this site limits your amount to 3 of these books - so I had to use another account to get enough for my 5 kiddos). I believe the Hallmark book is in the $30+ range. $9.71 is a great deal and I love Mary Engelbreit!

I took pictures of the boys reading the book and put it in a small photo montage with the all of their granparents reading the story to them.

Enjoy (low quality for web posting) ... and Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

No comments: