Saturday, November 22, 2008

Photo Book of Julia's musical, Charlie Brown

I finished the photo book of Julia's musical, You're A Good Man Charlie Brown (the free offer from Oprah)! Here are a couple of my favorite pages with Julia. These photos are only a few of my favorites from the over 3,500 pictures I took of their dress rehearsals and of the play. Note: I'm a digital scrapbooker and created my own pages; I didn't use their layouts because of the different effects I wanted to get with the photos on the page.

Here is the cover with the entire cast (The girl in yellow, lower right hand corner was the student director and she painted all of the back drops).

Julia is not on this page, but wanted to show you why I scrapped my own pages for the book. The templates for making the book don't allow you to blend photos together. This is a page I did of the amazing Snoopy (he was amazing...).

This is the scene about the book report on Peter Rabbit. I LOVED watching the "chorus members" (Julia was a chorus member). They were SO funny during this part of the musical. Julia and her friend Haley sat together and would copy off of each other's report, gossip, tell jokes and even fight.

This is still during the book report scene. It is the final moments of the scene when Julia and her girl friend are "fighting". I love it when Haley pulls Julia's hair and then they stand back to back not talking to each other. Haley sticks her tongue out at Julia as one final "mean" gesture. They were a RIOT!

This is the baseball scene. Julia is playing catcher. Charlie Brown is singing about how his team is up to bat and could win the game and then the Little Red Headed girl walks by and distracts him. When he sings about the Little Red Headed girl, Snoopy and Julia turn to look and see what is the big deal about this girl. It was SO SO cute! I'm glad I caught this picture. I actually took this picture on opening night. I could never catch it during the dress rehearsals.

This is the final scene of "Happiness is..."

Here are some cute photos of Julia with her friends... and her amazing choir director and THE MOST AMAZING accompanist, Mr. D. We found out after the last night of the play that he was leaving the next day to his mother's funeral. His mother passed away the week of the play. He didn't tell anyone except for 2 people. He didn't want to leave because the kids depended on him. He didn't want to tell them because he didn't want to upset them. He is AMAZING. The kids just adore him.

I can't wait to see how this turned out!!! I'll let you know!

2 comments:

kati said...

Pretty amazing....you book will be a huge hit I'm sure!

Dick said...

The black works quite well!