Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blessings Brunch with Jaley


Jaley's teachers put together a blessing brunch for the parents to attend with their student. It was a very nice event. The kids all wrote letters to their parents and were encouraged to share them with them in front of the group. The parents were given a homework assignment as well to present something about their child.
Jaley was too shy to share; she wants to give it to us at Thanksgiving. I put together a gift box with items inside that represented the gift that she is in our family.

I had a jar in the box. Jaley has a wonderful giggle. If I could bottle it up, I would. She has brought a lot of joy and laughter into our family.


I had a picture that Jaley had drawn. She is a very gifted artist. (Everyone clapped, oohed and ahhed over her piece of artwork)


I had a piano ornament to represent the gift of music she brings into our home when she plays the piano. Jaley has been teaching herself lately.


I had a Willow Tree figure of an angel holding a little boy. I told everyone that Jaley can be considered a guardian angel. She would come in frequently at night when she was younger. Some would call it sleep walking, I would call it "making sure everything was fine". 2 1/2 years ago Jaley came into my room and woke me up. That led to a chain of events that practically saved my life (premature labor and severe toxemia that resulted in the early arrival of Kendall and a long hospital stay for me).


I also had a sunflower for Jaley. I explained the meaning of the sunflower, that it stems from its namesake, the sun itself. The sunflower follows the path of the sun through the day. Due to this, the sunflower is viewed as a symbol of loyalty and constancy. Their physical resemblance to the sun has also influenced their meanings. The sunflower’s petals have been likened to bright yellow rays of sunshine, which stir up feelings of warmth and happiness. Jaley reflects many of these characteristics. She is loyal and constant. She knows what her standards are and won’t deviate from them. Just as the sunflower follows the sun, Jaley tries each day to do what is right and follow the son, Her Savior Jesus Christ.
She is a gift to our family. A dear blessing to count during the Blessings Brunch.

3 comments:

Smithclan said...

I love Jaley's laugh too! She draws people to her just like the son draws the sunflower!! Big hugs Jaley!

Brooke said...

So true about Jaley.
I love Jaley's laugh too!

kati said...

Beautiful!!! Jayle's laugh if it hasn't changed is great.!!