Thursday, November 20, 2008

My sister cracks me up

My Mom reminded all of us siblings of the Christmas Gift Giving Matrix my Dad created several years ago. She also reminded us to stay within the budget.

I couldn't remember what the budget was so I asked.

Mom said $30 per family. She then said to correct her if she was wrong. Well, that opens it up for one goofy "little" sister . . . I cracked up.

Here is the "conversation" we had on the website about this budget limit.

Shannon:
No, I believe it's 300...from the older sibling to the younger sibling. If it's the younger sibling to the older sibling then it's only 30. Editor's side note: Shannon IS the youngest sibling in the family.

I replied:
You must have missed the memo, Shannon. It was changed a few months ago that the shortest sibling gives $300 to the taller siblings and the tallest siblings give $.30. If height difference is more than 3 inches, the amount doubles. So, how tall are you again?

Shannon:
I never signed the memo, so it is void.

me:
Not a contract. Just a memo. So now that you have been informed, it can be enforced. Retroactive to the original posting date of the matrix: Dec 2003. Better start growing taller or see if you can have someone get you that torture device from Princess Bride where they stretch you ;o) Editor's side note: Kelly and Shannon are the SHORTEST members in our family...plus they have the smallest feet. I wonder if they read the memo about the size of their feet effects the size of gift they are to receive.

No comments: