Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pack Rat

I used to save everything.  Now I purge and save much less - way less.

John saves everything.  Even those little 2 inch wires that comes with who knows what. 

I'm glad he does though.  It comes in handy.

We hung a new light fixture from the 18' ceiling (post to come later when our printer is fixed and I can upload photos from the memory card).  Kerst helped.  He is a great assistant when it comes to doing projects around the house.  He loves to help his Dad.

At 9:45 on Friday night, John realized that the light fixture he picked up - a floor model - was missing some hardware. 

Kerst and John head downstairs to John's "stash of stuff".  John proceeds to tell Kerst that this is exactly why he keeps all of these odds and ends.

Kerst smiled and said, "I'm going to start saving my stuff too and be just like you."

Oh boy.  Two pack rats.  Two amazing guys (with Kendall following in their steps).

2 comments:

Smithclan said...

And the answer is...did they have what they needed or did they have to go to the store?

ckm said...

I went to bed during their attempt to hang the light after hearing that some parts were missing. I woke up in the morning ... and there it was.

Hanging!

John had all of the parts he needed (and even used a bobby pin too). All is secure and safe, so no worries!