Saturday, September 4, 2010

Before the ceilings are painted ...

I've been painting and painting and painting.  I took pictures before I started the task of painting the ceilings I can reach.

Before:

Hallway leading to the "red bathroom".  Formal Dining Room/Music Room to the left.  Kitchen is to the right of the bathroom.
Eating area (with new light fixture - great find for $50!).  Large walk-in pantry (white door).  Gas cooktop is to the left of the pantry with a built-in oven/microwave combo (I will miss my double oven when our Soccer Boys come to visit).
Kitchen ... with dark painted ceilings.  You can barely see the piano through the doorway.
Kitchen looking into the Family Room (fireplace can be seen through peek through window in kitchen).  
What I would have done differently:  The sink is to the left of the fridge.  I would have put it in the peek through window area.  Prep sink in the island (I would have put it closer to the cooktop).  I also would have made the cabinets taller ... but then it would have made it difficult to paint the ceilings!

Looking from the kitchen towards the garage door hallway.  Coat closet with backpack rack.  Laundry room would be to the right of doorway entry.



After pictures to come soon ... I completed the ceilings on Tuesday ...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Corin! It is beautiful! You are so awesome to take on all this painting. You could probably go professional after all of this. :)

Jeanne said...

Your hand will forever be molded into the shape of a paintbrush! I'll bet you see color swatches in your sleep. Great job!