Monday, August 22, 2011

To eternity and beyond

I was touched by what one of my most favoritest people wrote on her blog on her anniversary (and he did too).  So I thought I'd do the same.

I don't know where the 21 years went, but they flew by.

21 reasons why I love my honey (in no particular order):

1.  He honors his priesthood.
2.  He is a wonderful father and husband.
3.  He tells me that he loves that I am not a high maintenance person.
4.  He is one handy guy!
5.  He takes the kids to the discount food section for our Family Home Evening Treat each Monday.  It's a tradition.
6.  He doesn't complain and happily plays with my hair when we sit down to watch something on tv.
7.  He is a good protector (Jenna said years ago that she wouldn't be afraid of bad guys because her Dad would fight them away with his big hands).
8.  He is a good provider. 
9.  He is always looking out for a good deal and will not buy anything that is not on sale.
10.  He can stay up late and pick up the kids from a friend's house when I can't stay awake any longer (I am working really hard on staying awake ... it is so hard).
11.  He tells me I'm pretty (even when I am sporting bed head while weeding the yard with him).
12.  He loves to learn new things and is not afraid to take on new projects - such as finishing a basement.
13.  He loves to be with the family.
14.  He has an amazing family - I'm a lucky girl.  Blessed.
15.  He listens to me when I am struggling with something.  He is a good sounding board with a level head.
16.  He makes up for what I can't do or be.
17.  He is super smart.
18.  He is the best math tutor for our smart kiddos.  He is also amazing at editing papers.
19.  He knows how to fix my computer problems.
20.  He doesn't complain (as much) that I have multiple Christmas trees and decorations.  In fact, he built a Christmas closet for me in the basement.
21.  He took a leap of faith and asked me, of all people, to marry him.


2 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

congrats! I hope you do something fun to celebrate! what a sweet list!

Deon said...

That is one awesome list and one awesome tribute to one awesome guy! I think it is safe to say that he thinks you're pretty awesome too (even though he doesn't blog about it, which is our loss)! Happy anniversary to you!!!