Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The best anniversary gift

In my previous post I mentioned that John likes it that I am not high maintenance.  I agree.  I'm not. 

The kids bugged us to go out to dinner for our anniversary, but with it being a school night, Jenna working - we need to pick her up - and Family Home Evening FHE (John has to keep the tradition up with going to the discount rack with the kids for FHE treats), we decided to stay home and enjoy dinner with the family.  We'll do a date night another night.

SO the best part of our anniversary ...

John sent me the following text (at about the time we were married ... how did he remember?):  

Of all the years in my life, the last 21 have been my favorite! Happy Anniversary Sweet Heart!


Love, John
 
I replied and told him I wrote something on our blog regarding our anniversary. 
 
He presented his list to me (scribbled down on a "to do" list on the way home from work).  I love it! 
 
(Not in any particular order)
1.  Does the painting
2.  Doesn't like shopping
3.  Would rather buy stuff for the kids than herself
4.  Teaches kids modesty
5.  Puts kids first
6.  Reminds me what's important
7.  Puts up with my music
8.  As beautiful as the day we married
9.  Cooks extra for my lunches
10.  Cooks awesome dinners even when she doesn't eat it.
11.  She married me even though I'm just "Okay"  (ask my Mom ;o)  ).
12.  Not afraid to get hands dirty (roofing, tiling, etc)
13.  Joined Army to pay for college
14.  Followed me all across the country for jobs, etc.
15.  Makes me want to be better
16.  Hard worker
17.  Service oriented
18.  Talented
19.  Loves her calling
20.  Unquestionably loyal
21.  Compliments me