Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Musical thank you's ...

Closing night at the musical was amazing.  Sold out.  The kids were energized.  I had tears in my eyes during the last performance of Summer Nights (my favorite song with the leads all together).

It came to an end so quickly. 

Curtain Call. 

Standing Ovation. 

The audience finally sat down as the kids called our amazing choir/musical director on stage to present her flowers - she came out and hugged Julia (2 second marking).  Mikaela (Jan in the musical) gave her flowers (16 second marking).  Maddi (understudy for Sandy, Chorus Member and Student Councel President) gave the drama teacher flowers (18 second marking).  TJ (Danny in the musical) gave Ellen (25 second marking), the student director flowers .... and then the best part (35 seconds) .... you just have to watch ... and keep watching.



These kids are amazing.  They give one hope in the future because they are considerate, kind, respectful and grateful.  They were worth every moment of time the volunteers gave.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You're awesome Corin! Way to be SUPER MOM!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was pretty amazing - and Julia's high school is lucky to have you! Are you going to have a copy of the musical to bring to the reunion so the rest of us can see it? Please??

Deon said...

Wow! Look at you go! You are real life, in-the-flesh, true blue WONDER WOMAN!!! Way to go!!!

Smithclan said...

Oh I so wish I could have come and seen it!! Wow, what an amazing lady you are! And I know you...will you sign this for me? Sure love you tons Corin. I also love how Julia says..."can my mom come up?"

becky ward said...

well deserved! you are super woman!