Friday, March 4, 2011

Musical "Rock" and "Records"

The HS has a rock in the commons area outside that is contantly painted for upcoming events ... so we painted it for advertising the musical!  Julia and a couple of her friends headed out with some paint to cover the rock.  I followed up and added the words to the front of the rock.

It turned out really cute!


Kendall, Aimee (Patty), Austin (Doody), Tyler (T-bird), Julia (Sandy) ... painting the HS rock
I followed up and painted the front.  The kids in the musical painted their names on the back side.



The director also wanted to do something different with the biographies of the cast, pit and technical crew this year.  She didn't want to print the bios in the program but instead wanted to display them.  I came up with an idea and put it together.  Records and pictures.  My friend Emily found some records that were donated.  I selected and assembled pictures from the dress rehearsals of each cast member, head shots and bios and printed them as pictures and cut them out.  The kids assembled their own bio during their rehearsal dinner on Monday (and saved me a lot of time!).  I think they turned out great!

All of the cast, pit and technical crew have a record with a bio.  The cast members have "action shots" from their dress rehearsals.

Here is Julia's bio.  Signed.  Fun!  Danny's bio (TJ) is up to the top right of Julia's.

4 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

THey turned out SOOO cute. You are amazing. I love what you designed for the centers. WAy to go! Awesome.

Shannon said...

awesome cornchip!

Deon said...

That painting of the rock thing is such a great tradition! I love stuff like that; it makes a school community so united and folksy and fun.

The records with the bios turned out adorable! I cannot imagine the number of hours you must have devoted to that little (HUGE) project! You are such a great mom to be so involved. Your kids will always be so grateful that, I'm sure. And all the better for it, too!

becky ward said...

how fun to have a rock to paint for events! that is cool. and the records turned out awesome. nice idea!