Monday, March 28, 2011

Modest-ifying ... again

I'm grateful that my girls don't complain when it comes to being modest in the way they dress.  They know that when we try on dresses or skirts that it has to go to their knee or below.  We have the kneeling down test to see if it is long enough.  Frustrating for Julia as she has very long legs.  Jenna is right there as well.

Prom season is upon us.  I wish the dresses came modest without coming across as grandmother-of-the-bride dress.  I have had to "modest-ify" all of the dresses.  I don't mind, but I admit it is stressful and has become even more stressful as the girls become more and more beautiful and with an idea in mind - and I have no pattern!

Here is Julia's prom dress in 2009.  We added a white shrug and I had to add a couple of inches to the length of the dress because she is so tall!
 Homecoming 2009 I had to add sleeves and lengthen the dress so it would go to her knees.


Prom 2010 I had to add sleeves and a back.


I just finished modest-ifying Julia's 2011 prom dress.  I must say I am amazed at how well it turned out.  In fact it looks even better than before I started.  I am also pretty proud of myself that I wasn't finishing it up the day of Prom ... I am a couple of weeks ahead of the game!

Here is a teaser ... the color is charcoal/dark gray with light yellow as the accent color.  Note - Julia is not into a lot of fluff and beading.  This is simple, elegant and beautiful.  You'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see her in the dress ...

Julia's last prom ...

Jenna is next ...

No comments: