Monday, January 10, 2011

Julia and Jenna sing

You will wish you could have been here.  Yesterday Julia and Jenna sang in Sacrament Meeting. 

Don't worry.  I audio recorded it so you could enjoy it.

If you happen to be in the area next week, they have been asked to sing it again.  Twice.  A High Councilman heard them and asked them to sing in the ward he is speaking in next week (8:00 a.m.) and they have been asked to sing that night at the Stake Fireside (6:00 p.m.).



Here am I; Send Me.
Jenna starts out ... and then Julia.
Julia sings soprano; Jenna sings alto.
They switch off singing solo.


Here Am I; Send Me
 Jenna sings
Julia sings
Julia and Jenna sing together

The love of God
Has followed me all of my days.
There is no greater happiness
Than walking in His ways.
I’ve known the joy of serving,
The peace that speaks within,
The sweetness of repentance
Stealing sorrow from my sin.
For this, I know God lives.

But a world without faith
Is a world in chains;
As the darkness deepens
How can hope remain?
Who will bring the light,
The truth that maketh free?
Who’ll reflect the love
That the Savior guaranteed?
Lord, here am I; I will go.
Here am I; send me.

Where sorrow dwells,
Where emptiness wearies the soul,
I’ll gladly share those heavy cares
As Jesus bore my own.
I’ll seek the hearts that hunger,
Yet wander, lost in fear,
And teach them of their Father
Who longs to draw them near.
For this, I know: God loves.

Where would I be today,
If not for others long ago
Who sacrificed time and life,
So that I could know?
So that I could know?

That a world without faith
Is a world in chains;
As the darkness deepens
How can hope remain?
I will bring the light,
The truth that maketh free,
And reflect the love
The Savior guaranteed.
Lord, here am I (I am here); I will go.
(listen ... Jenna sings I am here, I will go when Julia sings the first "I")
Here am I; send me.
Send me.

2 comments:

Smithclan said...

wow, what lovely voices they have. What a nice song and a beautiful message. I remember Pie Esu, could I request playing that for them the next we see each other?

ckm said...

ABSOLUTELY!!!