Friday, December 31, 2010

What would you do?

Overheard ...

The kids are watching Harry Potter - Half Blood Prince.

The scene: 
Harry and Ron are new students in the magic potions class.  They are asked to get their books from a closet/another room.  They find two books - Harry is "stuck with" the used worn book that once belonged to the Half Blood Prince.  The boys join the class with their books just in time to hear Professor Slughorn telling the students of a prize they can win in his class. 

The challenge: Make the best potion of Draught of Living Death. 

The prize: a vial of liquid luck aka - Felix Felicis.



Here is the discussion I overheard from the kids regarding what they would do with the vial if they won it.

Julia:  I would never use it because I'd think that something else better would come along.

Jenna:  I would lose it.

Kerst would drink it right away because it looked yummy.  (Kerst laughs)

Jaley:  I would dump it out.  I only want the vial because it is cool.

They are so good at analyzing themselves!  They make me laugh!

2 comments:

Smithclan said...

Wendi-I think it's a drug and wouldn't use it. And I HATE my body being out of MY control.
Brian- I would totally use it. I would go apply for asst. coach for barcelona (a soccer team in spain) and right before I went in to the interview I would drink some.

Smithclan said...

Jens-I would save it for when I need it. Like if I needed some luck with a date or getting a good job or getting a prospective member on my mission.