Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Kite


The Kite

by Jaley Meibos

A kite is limp on the ground
I am bursting with anticipation to start the 7th grade.
Suddenly a gust of wind lifts up the kite
School has begun.
The kite’s tail guides the kite and keeps it steady through the different bursts of wind
I have a moral compass that helps guide me through difficult choices and situations.
The string of a kite keeps the kite anchored from flying away
My family and my faith keep me close to what is most important.
The kite flies through calm winds, and some really strong making the kite dive down quickly to the ground
Sometimes I can feel lonely and sad, but people help to comfort me making me feel like I can soar.
I am a kite.
I can soar.




Jaley's assignment in school was to write a poem that compares a kite to a 7th grader. I thought she did a beautiful job!

No comments: