Monday, August 10, 2009

Giraffes eat ...

I found this in my drafts back in June ... thought I would go ahead and post it. I think I was hoping to get a video - I did at one of our family reunions during Kendall's talent portion of the family talent show.

June 5, 2009

Kendall has been into telling me what animals eat.

"Cows eat grass."

Today he told me that giraffes eat leaves. He remembered! I sing "Old McDonald had a farm" with the kids in nursery at church. I have little finger puppets for them to hold while singing that song. Kendall loves the giraffe puppet (I know, you have probably never seen a giraffe on a farm ... ) What sound does a giraffe make for that song? "Munch, munch, munch." I explained to the nursery kids that giraffes eat leaves so "munch, munch, munch."

"Giraffes eat leaves."

I decided to expand his knowledge of what animals eat so I added another one.

"Lions eat ....



























Kendall!"

He laughed. We enjoy hearing him tell us that "cows eat grass, giraffes eat leaves and lions eat Kendall."

No comments: