Saturday, January 17, 2009

TV, what's that?

Since the move, we haven't signed up for cable or satellite for the TV. We keep up with what is going on via the Internet and the radio.

Today John hooked up the TV to the antenna. I was surprised by the kid's reactions.

"Oh man, now we are like everyone else. I liked being different."

"I didn't miss it. It is such a waste of time."

Wow. From out of the mouth of babes.

I don't miss it either. I did miss watching House, CSI, and NCIS...but only when I wanted to watch them. I loved the DVR/TIVO. Fast Forward through the commercials. I just don't have the patience to sit through the commercials.

(We do have plenty of movies to watch...and the kids keep plenty busy on the computer).

4 comments:

Shannon said...

we don't do live tv. no patience for commercials either.

Sarah said...

haven't had cable or satellite for all 12 years of marriage. neither of us want it. we also get the news on the net and we prefer to watch movies--more fulfilling somehow. if there's a show we hear about and want to see, then we get it at the library--that way there are no commercials and we can watch an episode whenever we want.

Julianne said...

I am not a patient person and don't know how I ever watched tv without dvr. I definitely don't do commercials.

kati said...

Our TV is almost never on either. The girls sometimes on the weekends, but we don't miss TV. We do still have movie night every Friday! You sent me your email and then I think you removed it...I emailed but I don't know if it was the right one.