Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2009 edition of myself

This was sent to me by my sister Kelly. My friend Brian sent me his and Beautifull's too. It is fun to read. A friend passed away back in September and on her memorial website they had these lists posted that she had filled out over the years. It was fun to read.

1. What is your occupation right now?
SAHM aka Domestic Engineer, Musical/stage mom, schedule coordinator, taxi driver, tutor, photographer, chef, doctor, …

2. What color are your socks right now?
White ankle socks

3. What are you listening to right now?
My kids giggling and talking with each other (the best music to my ears). Julia playing the piano and singing a new song she found on a free sheet music website.

4. What was the last thing that you ate?
Homemade Turkey Carcass Soup (of course without the carcass) with homemade noodles (a favorite memory of mine; my mom always made this soup with homemade noodles. The turkey is one of the turkeys I picked up after Christmas on sale…super cheap. It has now fed our family for 3 meals!). Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing.

5. Can you drive a stick shift?
Yes. I learned to drive with a stick…’69 Ford Station Wagon. I dropped first gear learning to drive that car. For my mom’s birthday, my dad had the old car taken to a car recycling place per her request.

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone.
Julia. About staying after school for trying on dresses for her part in the musical.

7. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Most Definitely!

8. How old are you today?
Age=37 I believe (my kids will remind me if I forget) – mental age= 20 (wish I was smarter) – physical age = 40s+ (I fell down the stairs today hauling down John’s “little giant” ladder. My ankle is pretty sore. I keep telling myself that my favorite soccer players got up and went back out on the field with a sore ankle.

9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
I loved watching ballroom dancing on the PBS channel when John and I were first married. I’ve always enjoyed swimming with the Olympics. I don’t watch much TV because I can think of so many other things I should and need to do.

10. What is your favorite drink?
Water.

11. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Highlights by my sister Kelly.

12. Favorite food?
Chinese. Homemade Bread (the ends), homemade strawberry jam. If I go out to eat, I like to get something I wouldn’t cook at home.

13. What is the last movie you watched?
Watched or heard? The last movie I heard was Aristocats (Kendall’s new favorite; last week it was Lion King…you should hear his growl during Sacrament Meeting). The last movie I watched was this past weekend (don’t do much movie watching) - I am Legend. I don’t know if you would say I watched it because I had my hands over my eyes or my head buried into John most of the time. I don’t handle movies like that very well.

14. Favorite day of the year?
Every-other Friday (John has that day off of work, so it is an all day date!). I also love the Christmas Season.

15. How do you vent anger?
I can’t say I get angry. Frustrated is more what I would call it. I “complain” to John (poor guy).

16. What was your favorite toy as a child?
The blocks my dad made. The tether ball pole my dad put up (and probably made too). I also loved my baby dolls (Baby Beans)

17. What is your favorite season?
Spring – when all of the grass turns green and flowers are in bloom…birds come back. A renewal of life.

18. Cherries or Blueberries?
Blueberries. I love making blueberry cobbler for the kids on the weekend for breakfast. (I like peach cobbler best). Cherries remind me of medicine. I will eat cherry pie.


19. Living arrangements?
With my sweetheart and 5 kiddos. In a home that I am still trying to get settled in. It has a new kitchen we designed and installed together…with a few finishing touches we need to complete…and more minor projects to complete around the house. It seems like the list never ends.

20. When was the last time you cried?
I tear up easily. The last time was last Sunday when we sang Jaley’s favorite Primary song because it was her last Sunday in Primary. Holding Hands Around the World is her favorite Primary Song.

21. What is on the floor of your closet?
Laundry Basket. Suitcases in the corner. (Kendall doesn’t sleep in there anymore so I finally have a closet!)

22. What did you do last night?
Attend the HS for a Cast Family meeting for our HS musical and then a meeting to get the choir booster club going.

23. What are you most afraid of?
My kids and John dying before me. I have to also admit that I don’t like strong wind. Worried about what will happen after Jan 20 – the country's debt is frightening to think about.

24. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?
Grilled … Swiss Cheese with avocado.

25. What is your favorite kind of dog?
Someone else’s…I just can’t dedicate the time to take care of one properly (family allergies too).

26. Favorite day of the week?
Depends on the week. Saturday, but then it feels like I am nagging the kids to do their chores. Friday . . . no more school, no more lunches. Sunday….FHE, Family Counsel, Family Time without any interruptions.

27. How many states have you lived in?
7

28. Diamonds or pearls?
I’m not much of a jewelry person. I guess diamond because I have one on my wedding ring.

29. What is your favorite flower?
Lilacs. They bloom right around mother’s day and we had some that lined the sun room in IL. I loved to open the windows and smell the aroma throughout the house during the weeks they were in bloom. I also love the calla lily.

No comments: