Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Driving our kids crazy

Isn't that our job? I think we do a pretty good job at it too! Here is the most recent success at driving our kids crazy -

John convinced me to wrap our presents and put them under the tree on Saturday night. I didn't want to because I didn't know how Kendall would do with gifts under the tree. He is such a good baby (OK, toddler). He hasn't messed with any of our Christmas Decorations although there are a few ornaments that he LOVES (a horse, some cars, etc...).

I also thought that Kendall would play with the gifts if he saw the kids separating them out. They love to see which gifts are theirs and imagine.... Each day they would take out the gifts and pile them neatly in a different spot in the room.

This year we didn't put their names on the gifts. Instead we assigned each kid a number. There is a reason why each child received that number. It is their job to figure it out. I told them that if they don't figure it out by Christmas, they couldn't open their gifts ;o)

They are busy trying to crack the code. They still pull the gifts out and pile them up separating them by numbers instead of names. So much for not playing with the gifts. Kendall has managed to leave everything alone still! He loves to watch them make lists and try and figure out who belongs to what number.

This has been really fun....driving them crazy! I wonder what our code will be next year....

Here are the numbers for our 5 kids...can you figure it out?

1, 2, 5, 6, 21

Jaley has assigned Kerst to #2 because of the feel of the boxes. I asked Kerst and Jaley why would we assign Kerst #2. Kerst replied, "Because I act like a two-year old." I had a great chuckle out of that one. If that were so, all of the gifts would be labeled 2 ;o)

No comments: