Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December 3 - Advent Activity

Hang up your new ornament on the Family Memories Christmas Tree.

Each year I purchase an ornament (or two or three or four...) for each child that reminds me of their activities and accomplishments during the year. Sometimes it can be from a family vacation. I know I drive everyone crazy when I make them stop in a little shop to see if they have anything that I could turn into an ornament for the occasion.
Here are their ornaments:

Julia's - The piano represents the piano that was lovingly welcomed into the family in August

The Charlie Brown ornaments are for the musical she was in this past November

And these ornaments are to remind her of the WONDERFUL time she had surviving her 25+ mile hike at girl's camp this past June. Her chant with her girlfriend, Blakelee, was "Bear Bait, ooh ah ah". They swore they would be eaten by bears out there. They survived.


Jenna: Year around swim team and she also went skiing for the first time with her Dad back in early 2008.


Jaley: Went skiing for the first time with her Dad back in early 2008. She also has a piano ornament...she loves to play the piano! I gave her that ornament back at the Blessings Brunch.



Kerst: Skiing ornament to represent his first time skiing with Dad. I bet he'd try this stunt next time now that he has seen this ornament...crazy kid!


Kendall: LOVES CARS, TRUCKS, TRAINS and his mom....

John and Corin: I got this rooster to represent the fun travels of the traveling rooster that resides back in UT. Long story...My sister-in-law, Brooke, got a rooster for Christmas (not alive, but certainly looks that way!). This rooster travels back and forth from their house to my parent's house in various different ways. Once he was sitting on a large ball wearing bunny ears during Easter. Another time my brother snuck over to my parents house and stuffed him into my mom's luggage for her trip out to IL to help me after Kendall's early arrival. Lots of fun memories!
The rooster on top of a pumpkin with a victim...the rubber chicken.